Every year I buy the required box of sidewalk chalk. But what to do with last year’s box of bits n pieces?
Turn them into sidewalk chalk paint!
1. Sort broken pieces of chalk by color into ziploc bags.
2. Break with a hammer (Mom’s job) into a fine powder.
3. Pour powder into small plastic cups and add water. Stir with a paint brush to dissolve.
The colors will brighten as the paint dries.
Here’s another chalk paint recipe which doesn’t require leftover sidewalk chalk:
1 teaspoon washable tempura paint
1 cup of hot water
1/2 cup of cornstarch
squirt of dishwashing liquid
1 squirt bottle
1. Add cornstarch to one cup of hot water whisking to mix so that there are no clumps.
2. Add one teaspoon of washable tempura paint and a squirt of dishwashing liquid. Mix well.
3. Pour it into your squirt bottles and shake well.