This recipe is floating around the web and for good reason. With just 3 ingredients these truffles couldn’t be simpler and there’s no baking involved. Kids can make these almost on their own and the adults will be fooled into thinking these truffles are more complicated than they really are. Experiment with a dash of flavoring extracts and serve on a stick for added flare.
8 ounces cream cheese, room temperature
1 (18 ounce) package Oreo-type cookies
9 ounces dairy white chocolate
4 1/2″ Lolly sticks
1. Place the cookies in a food processor and pulse until they are fine crumbs. Reserve 1/2 cup crumbs for decorating the chocolate dipped truffles.
2. Add the cream cheese to the remaining crumbs and pulse again until a sticky dough forms. Use your hands to form the dough into 1″ round balls and place them on a cookie sheet lined with wax paper. Place them in the freezer to chill for at least 2 hours or overnight.
3. Melt the chocolate in a double boiler or in the microwave. You may need to add oil by the teaspoonful until the chocolate has a thin consistency.
4. Dip the tip of a lolly stick in the melted chocolate then insert into a ball. Dip the ball into the melted chocolate. While holding the dipped ball over the chocolate bowl, twirl the stick to shake off excess chocolate. Sprinkle with reserved cookie crumbs before chocolate sets. Stand the truffle pop ball-side down on the parchment lined tray. Repeat with the other balls.
4. Freeze until ready to serve.
Yield 3 dozen.