At the risk of being labeled a domestic diva, here are some advantages to preparing a weekly menu:
- Save time & money - Heading to the store with a clearly defined shopping list means you won’t have to return over the week for random items.
- Eat healthy – Planning ahead will help you avoid takeout and frozen foods.
- Less stress - Devise a menu plan once a week and stick to it.
- Involve your kids in the planning.
- Keep a running grocery list – Jot down items as they are used and encourage all family members to do so.
- Display it- If you’re menu is in a visible spot in your kitchen you’ll be reminded to thaw chicken, or toss ingredients in the crock-pot before heading out in the morning. If your schedule becomes hectic a quick glance will tell you to switch an easy dinner for another night’s more complex meal.
We’ve found many creative ways to display your menu in your kitchen:
You can easily convert a glass picture frame into a dry erase board with style.
Wrap the cardboard backing of the frame with a piece of fabric and place behind the glass.
Inside the cabinet
Attach cork squares to the inside of a cabinet.
Download a free printable: